Measuring your kitchen is very easy, and you'll find that having measurements with you when you visit our showroom will help the design process move a little faster. At Kitchen Associates, we prefer to measure your kitchen before we order any cabinetry, but when our customers come equipped with a basic initial drawing and measurements it certainly is a big help in the early stages of your design and can help make your first visit to our showroom a very productive one.
Here are some helpful suggestions to keep in mind when measuring your kitchen:
- Make a rough sketch of the entire room, making sure to include all doors and windows.
- Show all measurements in inches, not feet.
- Include casings in all door and window dimensions.
- Measure the entire room, including all wall areas and openings.
- Make sure to note the ceiling height.
- Identify all doorways in order to establish traffic patterns.
- Note the location and type of heat used.
- Identify all possible installation obstructions such as pipe chases, chimneys, sink drains, pipes, radiators, etc.
So there you have it. While it’s not mandatory to bring measurements to Kitchen Associates, they can be a big help to us and you. So be sure to stop by our showroom for a visit. We'd love to show you what a beautiful kitchen you can have!